According to a new Gallup poll, one in six Americans now believes immigration is the top problem facing the U.S.
- "A Justice Department investigation into the Internal Revenue Service has expanded to include an inquiry into the disappearance of emails from a former senior IRS official."
- Crime rates are dropping in Detroit and Police Chief James Craig says armed citizens deserve a good deal of the credit. "Criminals are getting the message that good Detroiters are armed and will use that weapon," Craig declared.
- Philadelphia's attempt to tax strip club lap dances has been struck down in court.
- "A ceasefire deal has been reached to end fighting between Israel and the Palestinian militants in Gaza, an Israeli official has told the BBC."
- The U.S. has imposed a new round of economic sanctions on Russian banks and energy and defense companies in response to the situation in Ukraine.