The Israeli Army reported Monday morning that it had intercepted a drone sent from Gaza as it flew along Israel's southern coastline. Whether the Hamas drone was carrying missiles or surveillance equipment is unknown.
- Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl will be returning to active military duty—likely a desk job at Fort Sam Houston in Texas—while the Army continues investigating his 2009 disappearance from his post in Afghanistan.
- The New York Times conducted a months-long investigation into the collision of mental illness and prison staff brutality on Rikers Island.
- Attorney General Eric Holder said Sunday that that while race was not the "main driver" of animus against him and President Obama, there is "a racial component" to some people's vehemence.
- Russia is warning the Ukraine of "irreversible consequences" after a Ukrainian army shell allegedly hit a building in Russia's Rostov region, injuring two; Ukrainian officials deny the strike.
- Two Florida men were busted for transporting marijuana oils and edibles—which they had legally purchased in Colorado—through Oklahoma and now face life in prison.
- A Washington, D.C., law would prohibit charter schools from expelling or suspending pre-schoolers, after a recent report showed that 3- and 4-year-olds had received 181 out-of-school suspensions last school year.