President Obama says that House Speaker John Boehner's (R-OH) threat of a lawsuit against him is just a "stunt."
- Mississippi Tea Party leader Mark Mayfield was found dead of a gunshot wound today. The activist, who was recently arrested on conspiracy charges for allegedly photographing the bedridden wife of Sen. Thad Cochran (R-Miss.), likely committed suicide according to police.
- A Mexican military helicopter apparently flew into the U.S. and fired on border patrol agents in the early hours of Thursday.
- The New York Supreme Court wants the data of 400 Facebook users, an "unprecedented request [that] is by far the largest we've ever received … and we have argued that it was unconstitutional from the start," according to a representative from the social media site.
- $76 million in federal, state, and bridge toll money will fund a suicide net for the Golden Gate Bridge.
- Ukraine's new president signed a trade liberalization deal the E.U. The previous administration nixed the agreement last November, lighting the fuse for much of the current mess that the nation is in.
"I chose to be that guy who didn't issue the apology," says Daniel Elder. "Things went from there and it wasn't good."
Dumb laws lead to police brutality.
The law would make a federal case out of every aggrieved internet user and compel companies to host messages they do not wish to platform.