President Obama says that House Speaker John Boehner's (R-OH) threat of a lawsuit against him is just a "stunt."
- Mississippi Tea Party leader Mark Mayfield was found dead of a gunshot wound today. The activist, who was recently arrested on conspiracy charges for allegedly photographing the bedridden wife of Sen. Thad Cochran (R-Miss.), likely committed suicide according to police.
- A Mexican military helicopter apparently flew into the U.S. and fired on border patrol agents in the early hours of Thursday.
- The New York Supreme Court wants the data of 400 Facebook users, an "unprecedented request [that] is by far the largest we've ever received … and we have argued that it was unconstitutional from the start," according to a representative from the social media site.
- $76 million in federal, state, and bridge toll money will fund a suicide net for the Golden Gate Bridge.
- Ukraine's new president signed a trade liberalization deal the E.U. The previous administration nixed the agreement last November, lighting the fuse for much of the current mess that the nation is in.