In addition to striking down President Barack Obama's attempt to bypass the Senate to appoint people to the National Labor Relations Board, the Supreme Court ruled unanimously that a 35-foot buffer zone blocking protests at abortion clinics in Massachusetts was too broad a restriction. The court has two cases left to announce, including the Hobby Lobby Obamacare birth control case.
- The United States soccer team lost its World Cup match against Germany, but Ghana also lost to Portugal, and then some complicated rules about the number of goals applies, and so the United States is moving on anyway.
- Howard Baker, former Tennessee senator and former chief of staff for President Ronald Reagan, has died at age 88 from complications due to a stroke.
- Even though yesterday's federal appeals court ruling that Utah's ban on gay marriage is unconstitutional has been stayed (and only covered Utah), Boulder County in Colorado has used the ruling as a reason to start handing out marriage licenses to same-sex couples.
- New York City's financial chief has signed off on a settlement for the five men falsely accused of raping a jogger in Central Park in 1989. Though the amount has not been formally revealed, sources tell Reuters it's $40 million.
- The German government has canceled a contract with Verizon in the wake of Edward Snowden's disclosures about U.S. surveillance there.
Comedy, meet cancel culture
Woman Sentenced to 12 Years in Prison for Selling $31 of Marijuana Lands Back in Jail for Court Fees
Fines continued to pile up for almost a decade.
Brett Kavanaugh Faces a New Accusation in The New York Times, but the Alleged Victim Didn't Confirm It
Plus: Andrew Yang opts out of cancel culture, Andrew Cuomo wants to crack down on flavored e-cigarettes, and more...
Kamala Harris Does Not Understand Why the Constitution Should Get in the Way of Her Gun Control Agenda
The presidential contender conspicuously fails to explain the legal basis for her plan to impose new restrictions by executive fiat.
Ontario has lost millions trying to sell cannabis.