It sounds scary at first: 75 U.S. government scientists exposed to live anthrax! But the potential exposure is no terrorist plot; rather, researchers at a Centers for Disease Control and Prevention laboratory in Atlanta failed to properly inactivate the toxic bacteria before sending it along to another federal science lab.
- New York is set to become the 23rd state to legalize medical marijuana—but only in non-smokable forms.
- Ukrainian forces have closed off the country's eastern border with Russia.
- A quarter of sterilizations performed on female inmates in California were done without lawful consent.
- Confidence in the U.S. media is at or tied with record lows, according to a new poll from Gallup.
- U.S. Customs: Protecting us from hemp seeds once again.