Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel says mistakes were made in the deal to swap Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl for five Guantanamo detainees.
- Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) is joining the push for conservatives to participate in immigration reform.
- The gunman who killed two police officers and another person in Las Vegas last night was shot and killed by police, not his partner.
- New Jersey is offering $82 million in tax credits to get the Philadelphia 76ers to practice in Camden.
- Iraq's prime minister, Nouri al-Maliki, would like the U.S. to conduct airstrikes against insurgents in the country.
- Ukraine's new president says he's ready to talk to opponents in eastern Ukraine, is pro-Russian separatists lay down their arms.
Jonathan Vanderhagen believes a judge doomed his son to an early death. The judge says Vanderhagen's Facebook posts were intimidating.
Navy Confirms Authenticity of UFO Videos Published by Blink-182 Frontman's Extraterrestrial Research Organization
The videos show a U.S. military jet's encounter with what appears to be a fast-moving, unidentified object.
"Controlled choice" is supposed to fix inequality in New York public schools. It might make everything worse.
Conservatives deploy state power to go after speech they don't like.