Seattle's city council unanimously approved a minimum wage hike to $15—more than double the federal minimum wage of $7.25.
- Oliver Stone will direct a movie about Edward Snowden, because of course he will.
- President Obama is seeking up to $1 billion to support increased U.S. military presence in Eastern Europe, calling it the "European Reassurance Initiative" (don't worry, Europe, we're from the government and…)
- Signs you may be on the wrong gun rights track: the National Rifle Association calls your efforts "downright weird" and "scary." Looking at you, Open Carry Texas…
- Chemist Alexander "Sasha" Shulgin, known as the "Godfather of Ecstasy" for introducing MDMA to psychologists in the 1970s, has died.
- Bitcoin is no longer the very worst investment you could have made in 2014 (the honor now goes to iron ore and the Argentine peso).
Jonathan Vanderhagen believes a judge doomed his son to an early death. The judge says Vanderhagen's Facebook posts were intimidating.
Conservatives deploy state power to go after speech they don't like.
Many arms of government are unpopular with large swathes of the American population.
Navy Confirms Authenticity of UFO Videos Published by Blink-182 Frontman's Extraterrestrial Research Organization
The videos show a U.S. military jet's encounter with what appears to be a fast-moving, unidentified object.
The U.S. incarcerates people for petty crimes at an alarming rate.