Seattle's city council unanimously approved a minimum wage hike to $15—more than double the federal minimum wage of $7.25.
- Oliver Stone will direct a movie about Edward Snowden, because of course he will.
- President Obama is seeking up to $1 billion to support increased U.S. military presence in Eastern Europe, calling it the "European Reassurance Initiative" (don't worry, Europe, we're from the government and…)
- Signs you may be on the wrong gun rights track: the National Rifle Association calls your efforts "downright weird" and "scary." Looking at you, Open Carry Texas…
- Chemist Alexander "Sasha" Shulgin, known as the "Godfather of Ecstasy" for introducing MDMA to psychologists in the 1970s, has died.
- Bitcoin is no longer the very worst investment you could have made in 2014 (the honor now goes to iron ore and the Argentine peso).
The FBI Seized Heirlooms, Coins, and Cash From Hundreds of Safe Deposit Boxes in Beverly Hills, Despite Knowing 'Some' Belonged to 'Honest Citizens'
Victims of the FBI's constitutionally dubious raid say they've been told to come forward and identify themselves if they want their stuff back.
Trump imposed huge tariffs on imported steel and Biden is keeping them in place even as American businesses beg for relief.
The new framework aims to keep everyone learning at the same level for as long as possible.
Government officials who wield land grabs to pick economic winners and losers now want to use them to kill disfavored businesses.
"It feels like we've gone from tragedy to farce."