Seattle's city council unanimously approved a minimum wage hike to $15—more than double the federal minimum wage of $7.25.
- Oliver Stone will direct a movie about Edward Snowden, because of course he will.
- President Obama is seeking up to $1 billion to support increased U.S. military presence in Eastern Europe, calling it the "European Reassurance Initiative" (don't worry, Europe, we're from the government and…)
- Signs you may be on the wrong gun rights track: the National Rifle Association calls your efforts "downright weird" and "scary." Looking at you, Open Carry Texas…
- Chemist Alexander "Sasha" Shulgin, known as the "Godfather of Ecstasy" for introducing MDMA to psychologists in the 1970s, has died.
- Bitcoin is no longer the very worst investment you could have made in 2014 (the honor now goes to iron ore and the Argentine peso).
Jo Jorgensen: 'Requiring People To Vaccinate Their Children Is One of the Most Egregious Things That the Government Can Do'
The Libertarian ticket is campaigning against lockdowns, vaccine mandates, and the World Health Organization, in addition to the usual taxation, prohibition, and war.
"If we’re actually going to be an anti-racist school district, we have to confront practices like this that have gone on for years and years."
The accusation is often made. But it simply isn't true.
There's an easier way to lessen the impact of retaliatory agriculture tariffs: repeal our own
Justice Kavanaugh asks his former clerk, Assistant SG Rebecca Taibleson, if Justice Scalia, her other former boss, was correct about originalism.
The only answer to that question is "Yes, the boss was right."