Secretary of State John Kerry told Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu that the U.S. will continue to disperse aid to Palestine, where a new unity government has been formed between President Mahmoud Abbas' Fatah movement and the militant Hamas group.
- Sen. Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) says that he will introduce legislation to stop President Obama's new Environmental Protection Agency carbon rules.
- Fat kids put the "future of our nation at risk," assures Rep. Marcia Fudge (D-Ohio) who is proposing a multi-million dollar federal grant for healthy food. Smells like pork, Fudge.
- A bill that would allow the Veterans Affairs Department to fire poorly performing senior executives but would prevent the "wholesale political firings" of individuals is on the fast track for consideration by the Senate.
- Google is spending $1 billion on satellites in a bid to bring an Internet connection to the entire world.
- Pop star and public nuisance Justin Bieber apologized today after a video from several years ago revealed him using the n-word in a joke.
- A government building in rebel-held Luhansk, Ukraine was bombed today, killing at least seven. Pro-Russians claim it was an airstrike by the Ukrainian government, while pro-Ukrainians say it was a ground-level missile from the separatist militants.