The U.S. is deploying 80 troops to Chad to aid in the search for nearly 300 Nigerian girls kidnapped by Boko Haram last month.
- Thirty one people were killed in a terrorist attack in Urumqi, China, that involved multiple explosives and two SUVs being driven into crowds.
- Two Georgia Democrats have joined in the calls for the resignation of Veterans' Affairs (VA) Secretary Eric Shinseki. A whistleblowing VA police officer in Miami, meanwhile, says the veterans hospital there is plagued by theft, abuse, and drug dealing.
- House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi selected Rep. Elijah Cummings (D-Md.) to serve as the top Democrat on the select committee on Benghazi and made four other appointments.
- Activists and McDonald's workers went to the company's corporate headquarters in Oak Brook, Illinois, to protest for higher wages; 138 of them were arrested on charges of trespassing.
- A new poll found 47 percent of unemployed respondents saying they've "completely given up on looking for a job."
- Caltech announced that last year one of its telescopes observed a star going supernova.
After Promising To Stop Land Seizures, the Biden Administration Just Stole This Family's Property for a Border Wall
"We are utterly devastated," said Baudilia Cavazos.
That was one of several eyebrow-raising claims made by Barry Brodd, who said Derek Chauvin's actions were "objectively reasonable."
Nothing is more permanent than an “emergency” mandate.
Arizona passed a law raising the standard of evidence for asset forfeiture. That didn't help Jerry Johnson when Phoenix police seized his cash.
Joy Reid Said Vaccinated People Who Refuse To Wear Masks Are 'Irrational.' Fauci Didn't Correct Her.
Who's being irrationally paranoid?