President Obama's half-brother Mark Obama Ndesandjo backed out of an interview with Dinesh D'Souza because D'Souza has been indicted for violating federal campaign financing laws.
- The Senate confirmed Diane Humetewa as the first ever female Native American to become a federal judge.
- General Motors today announced a recall on 2.7 million cars, bring their total recall count this year to 10 million vehicles.
- Hundreds of workers from McDonald's, Burger King, and other fast food restaurants went on strike for higher wages in the U.S. and worldwide. Line cooks of the world, unite!
- North Dakota is appealing a decision by a federal judge who in April struck down the state's anti-abortion law. It prohibits abortions after a heartbeat can be detected.
- Former New England Patriots player Aaron Hernandez has been indicted for a double homicide drive-by shooting that took place in 2012 (not to be confused with the 2013 slaying he's already accused of).