President Obama visited a Wal-Mart in northern California to make a speech about energy. Labor activists showed up to protest. Former Labor Secretary Robert Reich and other labor activists criticized the president for his choice of venue.
- Speaker John Boehner announced his appointments to fill the Republican seats on the House select committee on Benghazi, filling it with lawyers. Democrats have not announced any appointments or whether they will make any.
- Nigerian military commanders had advanced warning that Boko Haram militants were on their way to raid a girl's boarding school in Chibok, according to an Amnesty International report, but couldn't raise enough troops to respond and left.
- At least 20 pro-Russian militants were killed in Mariupol, Ukraine, according to government security forces, who say the rebels occupied a police headquarters.
- Prosecutors in South Korea want to arrest the owner of the ferry company that owned the ferry that sank in April on charges of cargo overloading.
- The 2014 NFL Draft began yesterday, with the Cleveland Browns drafting quarterback Johnny Manziel at #22.
Nothing is more permanent than an “emergency” mandate.
Songs like "Gun Totin' Patriot" and "We Outside" might be ridiculous, Trump-worshiping schlock, but their embrace of controversial themes breathes some rebelliousness back into rap.
Joy Reid Said Vaccinated People Who Refuse To Wear Masks Are 'Irrational.' Fauci Didn't Correct Her.
Who's being irrationally paranoid?
After Promising To Stop Land Seizures, the Biden Administration Just Stole This Family's Property for a Border Wall
"We are utterly devastated," said Baudilia Cavazos.
Democrats, now in control of both chambers of Congress, say they will push ahead with marijuana reform with or without the support of the White House.