- The Globe and Mail is reporting that there is footage of Toronto Mayor Rob Ford smoking crack in his sister's basement on Saturday morning. In the wake of the reporting Ford said that he would take a break from his re-election campaign to seek help for alcohol abuse. Gawker has stills of the footage.
- At least two people were killed and 100 injured after a gas explosion at the Escambia County jail in Florida.
- A group of conservative lawmakers are on the lookout for any legislation that includes immigration reform measures. The news comes after House Speaker Rep. John Boehner (R-Ohio) mocked Republican congressmen for not taking on immigration reform.
- Sinn Fein leader Gerry Adams, who Rep. Peter King (R-IRA) compared to George Washington, was arrested yesterday for questioning about the 1972 abduction and murder of a Belfast widow. Adams says that he will never disassociate himself from the Irish Republican Army but denies he had anything to do with Jean McConville's murder.
- Sen. Tom Coburn (R-Okla.) has said that he still supports the death penalty despite the recent botched execution of Clayton Lockett.
- The number of jobless claims rose to 344,000 last week.