As expected, Senate Republicans blocked President Barack Obama's proposal to increase the minimum wage to $10.10 per hour.
- Montana's Supreme Court overturned the one-month sentence given to a former teacher convicted of raping a 14-year-old student in a case that has drawn wide outrage. The court found the sentence to be too lenient.
- The White House said that the botched execution in Oklahoma fell short of humane standards, but spokesman Jay Carney added that the president does support the death penalty in some cases.
- Ukraine's acting president admits he's losing control of the situation in the eastern part of the country.
- Egyptian judges don't seem to care much about international criticism of them sentencing hundreds of people to death for their support of deposed president Mohammed Morsi.
- A bunch of celebrities, along with Obama and Vice President Joe Biden, are appearing in public-service announcements to combat sexual assault with the power of communal responsibility platitudes. You may see them in the theaters before movies.