- Israel suspended peace talks in the wake of Hamas and Fatah agreeing to a unity deal.
- A recent Quinnipiac University poll shows that Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) would beat former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton in Colorado if they both win their party's 2016 presidential nominations.
- Republican lawmakers who have expressed support for Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy, who is in a legal fight with the Bureau of Land Management, have denounced him in light of his comments on slavery.
- A Kansas man on trial for murder worries that his "murder" neck tattoo may influence the jury against him.
- Russia ordered military exercises on Ukraine's border in the wake of Ukrainian forces moving in to dislodge pro-Russian separatists from their stronghold in the eastern Ukrainian city of Sloviansk.
- The president of the Export-Import Bank warned that the bank will have to close on October 1 if its charter is not renewed.
Follow Reason and Reason 24/7 on Twitter, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.