According to a report from Verizon, governments around the world account for 87 percent of all Internet spying.
- An investigation by the Virginia Voter Alliance found that forty thousand voters are registered in both Virginia and Maryland.
- Stricter regulations on e-cigarettes were proposed by the the Food and Drug Administration, which also recommended it regulate cigars, pipe tobacco, nicotine gels, water pipe tobacco, and hookahs.
- Three U.S. doctors were killed in Kabul after a security guard opened fire at a hospital.
- The Palestinian groups Hamas and Fatah have made a deal to form a national unity government.
- The oldest light observed in the universe is reshaping how scientists think about the universe's early history.