President Obama is expected to address the gender income gap today, while critics are likely to point out the gender wage gap among White House employees.
- Army investigators say they believe Ivan Lopez's rampage at Fort Hood was a reaction to being denied leave and not due to mental illness.
- Number 7 ranked University of Connecticut won the NCAA national championship against the University of Kentucky, on whose fans police in Lexington used tear gas.
- A Dutch climate economics professor has left the United Nations Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, calling the panel's latest report "alarmist and apocalyptic."
- Police in Ukraine have removed pro-Russian demonstrators from government buildings across the eastern portion of the country, while government officials blame Russia for instigating protesters.
- Justin Jedlica, the "Human Ken," and Valeria Lukyanovca, the "Human Barbie," met for a photo shoot for GQ magazine. Ken called Barbie a "drag queen" while Barbie blamed "race mixing" for an increase in plastic surgery.
- Today is the last day Microsoft is providing official support for the Windows XP operating system.