President Barack Obama will sign an executive order requiring government contractors to provide compensation data based on sex and race to the Labor Department and prohibiting contractors from retaliating against employees who discuss their pay with each other.
- Jesse Jackson Jr., in prison for illegally using campaign funds for other purchases, was temporarily put into solitary confinement before being moved from a prison in North Carolina to one in Alabama. Sources told the Chicago Sun-Times that prison guards took offense to the former congressman advising prisoners of their rights.
- The Supreme Court declined to hear activist Larry Klayman's challenge to the National Security Agency's mass domestic metadata collection program before it makes its way through federal appeals court.
- The death toll from the Washington State mudslide has risen to 33. Of those, 30 have been identified.
- The Democratic National Committee has dusted off Vice President Joe Biden's personal Twitter account to use for campaigning. He still has his other official @VP account.
- It took less than a week to claim all 85,000 visas for next year for high-skilled foreign workers to work in the United States.