The United States spent $1.6 million on a Twitter-style project to undermine Cuba's government.
- The investigation into the video allegedly showing Toronto Mayor Rob Ford smoking crack has been suspended due to lack of evidence.
- Russia has recalled its ambassador to NATO over the tensions with Ukraine. A Russian diplomat said the United States essentially needs to suck it up and accept Russia's annexation of Crimea.
- Don't commit suicide on April Fools' Day. People will think it's a joke and throw your dead body in a dumpster.
- The Turkish government is restoring access to Twitter two weeks after the country's prime minister ordered a ban.
- Maryland's House of Delegates has rejected legislation to decriminalize possession of small amounts of marijuana. The state's Senate had passed the bill in March.
- A federal appeals court in New York has ruled that New York City's ban on allowing public schools to host religious services is not a violation of First Amendment protections, striking down a lower court ruling.