Rep. Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) has introduced the latest Republican plan to balance the budget, calling for $5 trillion in reduced spending over the next decade, and of course, the repeal of the Affordable Care Act. Read more about the proposal here.
- The death toll for the mudslide in Washington state is up to 27. There are still 22 people believed missing in the slide.
- Mississippi's Supreme Court has tossed out the capital murder conviction of a woman on death row since 2000 and ordered a new trial. She's convicted of killing her husband, but it's possible her son is responsible.
- NATO is suspending cooperation with Russia over its annexation of Crimea. NATO Secretary General Anders Fogh Rasmussen said Russia's actions were "the gravest threat to European security in a generation and it challenges our vision of a Europe whole, free and at peace."
- The Pentagon says there were no U.S. military casualties in Afghanistan for the month of March. It's the the first casualty-free month there since January 2007.
- Airbnb, the home-as-hotel rental connection service, will start paying hotel taxes of 14 percent in San Francisco. This follows news they'll also start paying taxes in Portland, Oregon.