- A ship has been sent to the area where an Australian plane spotted objects that could be debris from missing Malaysia Airlines Flight 370.
- 529 supporters of the Muslim Brotherhood have been sentenced to death for the murder of one police officer.
- Ukraine has ordered the withdrawal of its forces from Crimea. Interim President Olexander Turchynov said the move was prompted by Russian threats to military personnel and their families.
- Taxpayers in 14 states will be contributing almost $1 billion in tuition for private schools, some of which teach young Earth creationism.
- Chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) says that she has the votes to reveal the executive summary and conclusions of a report on Bush-era interrogation techniques.
- President Obama has sent additional troops and aircraft to Uganda in the search for Joseph Kony, the leader of the Lord's Resistance Army.
The Washington Post Tried To Memory-Hole Kamala Harris' Bad Joke About Inmates Begging for Food and Water
At a time when legacy publications are increasingly seen as playing for one political "team" or the other, this type of editorial decision will not do anything to fix that perception.
California Preservationists Sue To Overturn Law That Requires Property Owners Consent To Having Their Homes Landmarked
The lawsuit from three Orange County preservation groups argues that supposedly historic buildings should be afforded the same environmental protections as "air, water, and forests."
"She was charged with violating the Reopening Ontario Act."