- A ship has been sent to the area where an Australian plane spotted objects that could be debris from missing Malaysia Airlines Flight 370.
- 529 supporters of the Muslim Brotherhood have been sentenced to death for the murder of one police officer.
- Ukraine has ordered the withdrawal of its forces from Crimea. Interim President Olexander Turchynov said the move was prompted by Russian threats to military personnel and their families.
- Taxpayers in 14 states will be contributing almost $1 billion in tuition for private schools, some of which teach young Earth creationism.
- Chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) says that she has the votes to reveal the executive summary and conclusions of a report on Bush-era interrogation techniques.
- President Obama has sent additional troops and aircraft to Uganda in the search for Joseph Kony, the leader of the Lord's Resistance Army.