- A ship has been sent to the area where an Australian plane spotted objects that could be debris from missing Malaysia Airlines Flight 370.
- 529 supporters of the Muslim Brotherhood have been sentenced to death for the murder of one police officer.
- Ukraine has ordered the withdrawal of its forces from Crimea. Interim President Olexander Turchynov said the move was prompted by Russian threats to military personnel and their families.
- Taxpayers in 14 states will be contributing almost $1 billion in tuition for private schools, some of which teach young Earth creationism.
- Chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) says that she has the votes to reveal the executive summary and conclusions of a report on Bush-era interrogation techniques.
- President Obama has sent additional troops and aircraft to Uganda in the search for Joseph Kony, the leader of the Lord's Resistance Army.
"By phasing out these courses, all students will have access to an inclusive model of education."
Plus: Georgia's voting roll purge draws media hype, Florida's drug law hypocrisy, and more...
Warren Lent is suing the California Coastal Commission, arguing that its power to unilaterally hand down massive fines with minimal process is unconstitutional.
A training session for graduate students urged them to prohibit students from discussing problematic views.