- Russian President Vladimir Putin has approved a draft bill that would make Crimea part of Russia. Speaking before Russia's parliament, Putin said that, "in people's heart of hearts, Crimea has always been part of Russia."
- A Kentucky reporter claims that Jesse Benton, who is running the Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) re-election campaign, barred him from a news conference and threatened him with police action if he asked a question. Benton claims that the event was private and that the reporter was not invited.
- Rep. Grace Meng (D-N.Y.) is the latest lawmaker to raise concerns about the almost 400 percent increase in State Department refusals of Israeli visa applications in the last few years.
- China claims that there is no evidence that any of the Chinese nationals on the missing Malaysia Airlines flight have connections to terrorism.
- United Nations human rights investigators have added names to their list of suspected war criminals linked to the ongoing civil war in Syria.
- There is talk of Nobel Prizes being handed out in the wake of the news that astronomers detected a signal from shortly after the birth of the universe which could provide direct evidence of the universe's accelerated expansion very shortly after the Big Bang.
Fairfax County, Virginia, allows home businesses but prohibits them from keeping inventory on site.
The democratic socialist congresswoman has lamented that the public-school system hinges on zip codes.
Sex offender registries are cruel and unjust.