Republican David Jolly won yesterday's special election in Florida's 13th congressional district in a race Democrats and Republicans believed was going to be an indicator on the political fallout from Obamacare. Libertarian Lucas Overby, a 27-year-old commercial diver, won nearly 5 percent of the vote.
- President Obama is planning to unilaterally expand overtime pay requirements for "executive or professional" workers by revising Labor Department regulations to lift the salary threshold at which employers are no longer required to offer salaried employees overtime pay.
- Sens. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) and John McCain (R-Ariz.) have come out in support of allegations made by Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) against the CIA. Graham says the Senate should declare war on the CIA if the allegations are true, while John McCain wants to see an independent investigation. Edward Snowden, meanwhile, called Feinstein a hypocrite for only caring about government spying when it involves her staffers.
- European Union countries have approved the wording of sanction measures against Russia for violating Ukraine's territorial sovereignty. The seven-page document is expected to be approved by a meeting of E.U. foreign ministers on Monday. NATO is now flying surveillance planes out of Poland to monitor the situation in Ukraine.
- Three Somali soldiers convicted of killing a journalist as well as fellow government soldiers were publicly executed by firing squad in Mogadishu.
- President Obama gets to watch Game of Thrones before the episodes air on HBO because the network sends them to him in advance, according to the show's co-creators. (h/t Jeff Patterson)
Fairfax County, Virginia, allows home businesses but prohibits them from keeping inventory on site.
Sex offender registries are cruel and unjust.
Are Democrats about to nominate a socialist for president?
Adult performers are outraged at the proposed licensing requirements, and have vowed to fight the bill.