- In his first public statement since the Crimea crisis began Russian President Vladimir Putin said that Russia reserves the right to use "all means" to protect the interests of citizens living in eastern Ukraine. Putin added that "nationalists" and "anti-semites" are in the streets of Kiev.
- The head of Egypt's armed forces, Field Marshal Abdul Fattah al-Sisi, says that he cannot ignores call for him to run for president.
- Republicans from Western states are expected to urge the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 10th Circuit in Denver to rule bans on gay marriage unconstitutional today.
- Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has urged the Obama administration to insist that Palestinians recognize Israel as a Jewish state.
- President Obama is set to release his 2015 budget plan today. According to the White House, the budget proposal will include a $60 billion expansion of the Earned Income Tax Credit.
- An immigration reform group linked to Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg has criticized Republicans for not doing enough to work towards changing immigration policy.
The Washington Post Tried To Memory-Hole Kamala Harris' Bad Joke About Inmates Begging for Food and Water
At a time when legacy publications are increasingly seen as playing for one political "team" or the other, this type of editorial decision will not do anything to fix that perception.
"She was charged with violating the Reopening Ontario Act."
California Preservationists Sue To Overturn Law That Requires Property Owners Consent To Having Their Homes Landmarked
The lawsuit from three Orange County preservation groups argues that supposedly historic buildings should be afforded the same environmental protections as "air, water, and forests."
It's time for the left and the right to take a hard look at their favorite public-sector unions.