- In his first public statement since the Crimea crisis began Russian President Vladimir Putin said that Russia reserves the right to use "all means" to protect the interests of citizens living in eastern Ukraine. Putin added that "nationalists" and "anti-semites" are in the streets of Kiev.
- The head of Egypt's armed forces, Field Marshal Abdul Fattah al-Sisi, says that he cannot ignores call for him to run for president.
- Republicans from Western states are expected to urge the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 10th Circuit in Denver to rule bans on gay marriage unconstitutional today.
- Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has urged the Obama administration to insist that Palestinians recognize Israel as a Jewish state.
- President Obama is set to release his 2015 budget plan today. According to the White House, the budget proposal will include a $60 billion expansion of the Earned Income Tax Credit.
- An immigration reform group linked to Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg has criticized Republicans for not doing enough to work towards changing immigration policy.
The black market still dominates. And more enforcement and fines aren’t going to fix it.
Kamala Harris Does Not Understand Why the Constitution Should Get in the Way of Her Gun Control Agenda
The presidential contender conspicuously fails to explain the legal basis for her plan to impose new restrictions by executive fiat.
The "assault weapons" that the presidential contender wants to confiscate are not especially deadly, but the symbolism of that policy is poisonous.
This is bending the Lanham Act until it nearly breaks