- President Obama is to campaign for raising the minimum wage this week.
- Russia has vowed to keep its troops in Ukraine. The Russian foreign minister says "ultra-nationalists" in Ukraine threaten the interests of Russians and Russian speakers.
- Gravity won seven Academy Awards last night, including best director. Best picture went to 12 Years a Slave, Matthew McConaughey won best actor for his performance in Dallas Buyers Club, and Cate Blanchett won best actress for her performance in Blue Jasmine.
- Afghan President Hamid Karzai has criticized the U.S., saying that the war in his country has been "for the U.S. security and for the Western interests."
- Former Internal Revenue Service Director of Tax-Exempt Organizations Lois Lerner will testify before the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform this week. Lerner invoked the Fifth Amendment in a May 2013 hearing on the IRS' targeting of conservative groups.
- Conservatives are frustrated by the Republican Party's compromises and lack of leadership.
Kamala Harris Does Not Understand Why the Constitution Should Get in the Way of Her Gun Control Agenda
The presidential contender conspicuously fails to explain the legal basis for her plan to impose new restrictions by executive fiat.
Brett Kavanaugh Faces a New Accusation in The New York Times, but the Alleged Victim Didn't Confirm It
Plus: Andrew Yang opts out of cancel culture, Andrew Cuomo wants to crack down on flavored e-cigarettes, and more...
Comedy, meet cancel culture
This is bending the Lanham Act until it nearly breaks