- President Obama is to campaign for raising the minimum wage this week.
- Russia has vowed to keep its troops in Ukraine. The Russian foreign minister says "ultra-nationalists" in Ukraine threaten the interests of Russians and Russian speakers.
- Gravity won seven Academy Awards last night, including best director. Best picture went to 12 Years a Slave, Matthew McConaughey won best actor for his performance in Dallas Buyers Club, and Cate Blanchett won best actress for her performance in Blue Jasmine.
- Afghan President Hamid Karzai has criticized the U.S., saying that the war in his country has been "for the U.S. security and for the Western interests."
- Former Internal Revenue Service Director of Tax-Exempt Organizations Lois Lerner will testify before the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform this week. Lerner invoked the Fifth Amendment in a May 2013 hearing on the IRS' targeting of conservative groups.
- Conservatives are frustrated by the Republican Party's compromises and lack of leadership.
Fairfax County, Virginia, allows home businesses but prohibits them from keeping inventory on site.
Sex offender registries are cruel and unjust.
Are Democrats about to nominate a socialist for president?
Adult performers are outraged at the proposed licensing requirements, and have vowed to fight the bill.