- The Bitcoin exchange Mt. Gox has filed for bankruptcy and is blaming hackers for the loss of hundreds of millions of dollars worth of the digital currency. Yesterday, Fed Chair Janet Yellen said yesterday that the Federal Reserve does not have any authority to regulate Bitcoin.
- Armed men with military uniforms have been stationed at airports in Crimea, a region of Ukraine where there have recently been clashes between pro-Russian and pro-Western groups. Acting Ukrainian President Oleksandr Turchynov said, "Terrorists with automatic weapons, judged by our special services to be professional soldiers, tried to take control of the airport in Crimea," and Ukrainian Interior Minister Arsen Avakov has accused Russian forces of occupying the airport in the Crimean city of Sevastopol.
- Republican New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie raised $1 million for the Republican Governors Association with Mitt Romney in Boston.
- The Clinton Library is to release the first set of confidential memos from the Clinton White House today.
- The U.S. has cut its fourth quarter GDP growth estimate from 3.2 percent to 2.4 percent.
- According to a United Nations report Syrian authorities claimed there were two attempted attacks on convoys transporting chemical weapons last month.
- President Obama and Vice President Biden have participated in a promotional video for Michelle Obama's "Let's Move" campaign. Watch below: