Attorney General Eric Holder was hospitalized briefly today after experiencing faintness and shortness of breath. He is back at home now.
- Rep. Ed Pastor (D-Ariz.) announced he's retiring from Congress after 23 years of service. He's the 21st member of Congress (split nearly equally between the two parties) to announce plans to step down at the end of this term.
- There are a handful of proposed changes to the National Security Agency's massive metadata collection procedures. The most significant change would be the option to severely scale back the data collection so that only data from actual terrorism suspects is collected. Outgoing NSA chief Gen. Keith Alexander suggested in a Senate committee meeting today that this option may well be a possibility.
- Some more unredacted documents connected to George Washington Bridge scandal in New Jersey have been released. They don't provide any new information, but do indicate who was texting about the traffic jams and making jokes.
- North Korea launched four short-range missiles off its east coast. The Pentagon says this is typical, permitted testing by the nation.
- Five police officers in San Francisco have been indicted for allegedly stealing money and drugs that had been seized as part of investigations. The prosecutions originate from surveillance footage released by the city's public defender.
Brett Kavanaugh Faces a New Accusation in The New York Times, but the Alleged Victim Didn't Confirm It
Plus: Andrew Yang opts out of cancel culture, Andrew Cuomo wants to crack down on flavored e-cigarettes, and more...
Comedy, meet cancel culture
Kamala Harris Does Not Understand Why the Constitution Should Get in the Way of Her Gun Control Agenda
The presidential contender conspicuously fails to explain the legal basis for her plan to impose new restrictions by executive fiat.
Woman Sentenced to 12 Years in Prison for Selling $31 of Marijuana Lands Back in Jail for Court Fees
Fines continued to pile up for almost a decade.
Ontario has lost millions trying to sell cannabis.