Now that Ukraine has pushed out its president, interim leaders say the country needs $35 billion in cash in foreign aid over the next two years to avoid default.
- Michigan Democrat Rep. John Dingell has announced he'll be retiring at the end of his current term. He's 87 years old and the longest-serving congressman in U.S. history, 58 years. That's a lot of pork to push through!
- President Barack Obama's latest effort to bypass a Congress uninterested in advancing his agenda is to try to get governors on his side. Instead, they're arguing among themselves.
- Several prominent Republicans, including Senators John McCain and Jeff Flake, are encouraging Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer to veto legislation allowing businesses to deny service to customers (any customers, though it's being touted as an anti-gay bill) on the basis of religious beliefs.
- The Supreme Court heard a case today to consider limits for the Environmental Protection Agency's authority to set emission levels to trigger a requirement for certain companies to have to get federal permits.
- Streets in Caracas, Venezuela, are blocked by protests ahead of planned meetings between President Nicolas Maduro and opposition leaders to try to ease tension there.
- Actor/Director Harold Ramis, known best for Ghostbusters, has died at age 69.
Narcissists, Psychopaths, and Manipulators Are More Likely To Engage in 'Virtuous Victim Signaling,' Says Study
Plus: Protesters sue over alleged mistreatment by arresting officers, a new ruling on robocalls, and more...
If you can’t count on schools to perform their core educational responsibilities, why wouldn’t you look elsewhere?
Homeland Security Acting Like 'An Occupying Army' Says Sen. Wyden, After Federal Agents Shoot Peaceful Portland Protester
Plus: free press threats, marriage licensing woes, Fiona Apple fights for prisoners, Trump spox talk up masks, and more...
I was one of the 153 signers and am a veteran of the Twitter wars. But even I was taken aback by the swift, virulent response.