A.M. Links: Rand Paul Warns Republicans Might Never Win Again, Venezuelan Government Freaking Out Over Protests, Kerry Announces Envoy to Arctic
Rand Paul predicted the Republican party might never win another presidential election in his lifetime if it doesn't become a "new" party, following up on a warning that the GOP could lose its electoral advantage in Texas.
- President Obama will announce new federal requirements for fuel efficiency in trucks.
- The Venezuelan government expelled three US consular officials over the weekend, accusing them of meeting with student protesters. It also pulled a news channel based in Colombia off the air over its coverage of anti-government protests.
- John Kerry announced the State Department would create the position of envoy to the Arctic.
- Two former members of Pussy Riot who were released from jail in Russia ahead of the Olympics were reportedly detained in Sochi and accused of committing a crime.
- Jimmy Fallon debuted on the Tonight Show last night.
Follow Reason and Reason 24/7 on Twitter, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you–sign up here