- The Senate voted to raise the debt ceiling this afternoon. Before the vote, Sen. Harry Reid (D-Nev.) urged Republican senators to reject their "Tea Party overlords."
- Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) has filed a suit against President Obama and administration officials over NSA surveillance.
- Former New Orleans Mayor C. Ray Nagin has been found guilty on corruption charges and is facing up to 20 years behind bars.
- President Obama signed an executive order raising the minimum wage for federal contractors to $10.10 an hour.
- Killing in Syria has accelerated amid faltering peace talks in Switzerland. Over 230 people a day have been killed in Syria since Jan. 22.
- The trial of Boston Marathon bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev will begin on Nov. 3.
After the Cops Seized Her Car, the Government Waited Five Years Before Giving Her a Chance To Get It Back
In Massachusetts, Malinda Harris argues, civil asset forfeiture routinely violates the right to due process.
Michigan Farmer Rescued Injured Animals Without the Proper Permits. State Officials Have Charged Her With a Misdemeanor and Euthanized the Animals.
State officials euthanized six of Julie Hall's animals, including Sassy, a blind raccoon, and Po, a one-legged crow.
The cultural views of elite white liberals are not popular with many minorities.
It's true that the freedom to make your own decisions comes with both benefits and consequences, but Krugman is squarely focused on just one side of that equation.