Republican donors are becoming more optimistic about their party's chances of taking the Senate in November.
- Edward Snowden reportedly used inexpensive and widely available "web crawler" software to easily extract data from the NSA, a federal agency whose tasks include protecting intelligence-related computer systems.
- Two Los Angeles sheriff's deputies were indicted for an alleged jail beating based in part on a complaint by a prison chaplain.
- Missouri defensive lineman Michael Sam, who is expected to be drafted into the NFL, told multiple media outlets this weekend that he had come out as gay to his teammates last year.
- Filmmakers may have to rely on a CGI Phillip Seymour Hoffman to finish the last installment of the Hunger Games trilogy.
- The Copenhagen Zoo dismembered a healthy giraffe in front of an audience that included children and fed it to lions. Zoo officials said the killing made room for more genetically valuable giraffes.
Narcissists, Psychopaths, and Manipulators Are More Likely To Engage in 'Virtuous Victim Signaling,' Says Study
Plus: Protesters sue over alleged mistreatment by arresting officers, a new ruling on robocalls, and more...
If you can’t count on schools to perform their core educational responsibilities, why wouldn’t you look elsewhere?
Homeland Security Acting Like 'An Occupying Army' Says Sen. Wyden, After Federal Agents Shoot Peaceful Portland Protester
Plus: free press threats, marriage licensing woes, Fiona Apple fights for prisoners, Trump spox talk up masks, and more...
I was one of the 153 signers and am a veteran of the Twitter wars. But even I was taken aback by the swift, virulent response.