- Mark Zuckerberg's immigration reform advocacy group has criticized the "shocking extremism" displayed by some anti-immigrant groups.
- Secretary of State John Kerry has said that Assad has improved his position but is not winning the war in Syria.
- Mitt Romney says that he won't be running for president in 2016.
- The Russian foreign ministry has called for a global ceasefire during the Winter Olympics.
- Talks between the Pakistani government and representatives from Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan have begun.
- Weekly jobless claims dropped by 20,000 last week to a seasonally adjusted 331,000.