A.M. Links: Obama Optimistic About GOP 'Progress' on Immigration, Ukrainian Activist Claims He Was Abducted and Tortured, State Department Expected To Release Keystone XL Report
- The NSA has refused a Freedom of Information Act request filed by a transparency activist related to the agency's talking points put together in the wake of Edward Snowden's revelations.
- A Ukrainian opposition activist claims that he was abducted and tortured before being left out in the cold to die.
- President Barack Obama is optimistic about "progress" in the GOP when it comes to immigration reform, but has not said whether he would sign an immigration bill that does not include a pathway to citizenship.
- The State Department is expected to release an environmental report on the Keystone XL pipeline "soon."
- According to the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, almost 1,900 people have been killed in Syria since peace talks in Switzerland began.
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford has been accused of ordering a jail beating.
Get Reason.com and Reason 24/7 content widgets for your websites.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter, and don't forget to sign up for Reason's daily updates for more content.