- According to a study published in Crime & Delinquency, nearly half of black men and 40 percent of white men have been arrested by the age of 23.
- A man who pleaded guilty to slapping a crying toddler on a plane has been sentenced to eight months in federal prison. Prosecutors said that the man also used a racial slur when referring to the baby, who is black.
- Iraq's prime minister has urged residents of Fallujah to expel Al Qaeda-linked fighters from the city.
- An Iowa teacher lost 37 pounds after eating a McDonald's-only diet for three months.
- The Kentucky Supreme Court has blocked a registered sex offender from taking the bar exam.
- A state appeals court has upheld San Francisco's ban on single-use plastic bags.
Reason's Annual Webathon is underway! Donate today to see your name here.
Reason is supported by: