- According to a study published in Crime & Delinquency, nearly half of black men and 40 percent of white men have been arrested by the age of 23.
- A man who pleaded guilty to slapping a crying toddler on a plane has been sentenced to eight months in federal prison. Prosecutors said that the man also used a racial slur when referring to the baby, who is black.
- Iraq's prime minister has urged residents of Fallujah to expel Al Qaeda-linked fighters from the city.
- An Iowa teacher lost 37 pounds after eating a McDonald's-only diet for three months.
- The Kentucky Supreme Court has blocked a registered sex offender from taking the bar exam.
- A state appeals court has upheld San Francisco's ban on single-use plastic bags.
Jonathan Vanderhagen believes a judge doomed his son to an early death. The judge says Vanderhagen's Facebook posts were intimidating.
Plus: Attacks on Saudi Arabia unlikely to raise U.S. oil prices
Pending restrictions on vaping products in Michigan and New York are based on an alarmingly broad understanding of the executive branch's "public health" authority.
"Controlled choice" is supposed to fix inequality in New York public schools. It might make everything worse.