- The FBI has quietly replaced "law enforcement" with "national security" as its declared primary function.
- Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D- Nev.) said Sunday that Democrats will focus on the middle class in 2014 and attempt to extend emergency unemployment benefits.
- The Senate is poised to confirm Janet Yellen as the next Federal Reserve chair, making her one of the most powerful figures in world economic circles.
- Citing health concerns in her family, Liz Cheney is ending her campaign for Senate in Wyoming.
- German Chancellor Angela Merkel fractured her pelvis while skiing, forcing her to cancel meetings for the next three weeks.
- A senior Iranian military official offered limited military aid to Iraq in order to battle Al Qaeda fighters in the neighboring country.
Reason's Annual Webathon is underway! Donate today to see your name here.
Reason is supported by: