- Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe has been criticized in China and South Korea for visiting a shrine which honors 2.5 million Japanese war dead, including World War II war criminals.
- Egypt's interim government has labeled the Muslim Brotherhood as a terrorist organization.
- The Commerce Department says that new home sales dropped 2.1 percent in November.
- At least 37 people have been killed by bomb attacks targeting Christians in Iraq.
- Demonstrators in Thailand, who are trying to disrupt preparations for elections set to take place in February, have clashed with police, who claim that they were shot at.
- A former New Orleans cop who was convicted of burning a body after Hurricane Katrina has asked for his resentencing to be delayed.
Get Reason.com and Reason 24/7 content widgets for your websites.