Bitcoin's prices have plunged significantly after China ordered local payment companies to stop offering exchange services.
- The White House had been planning to wait until next year to release an internal report recommending various changes to National Security Agency surveillance rules, but given the week they're having, they decided to release it sometime this afternoon.
- Getting much less attention, another federal judge also smacked around the Obama Administration's secrecy for refusing to release a foreign policy document in response to a Freedom of Information Act request, despite the fact that the document is completely unclassified.
- Colleagues doubt Rep. Paul Ryan will run for president in 2016 and will instead pursue leadership of the House Ways and Means Committee.
- Deposed Egyptian President Mohammed Morsi will face charges that he conspired with Hamas and Hezbollah to destabilize the country after his ouster.
- Ronnie Biggs, notorious for Britain's "Great Train Robbery" of 1963, has died at age 84.
Get Reason.com and Reason 24/7 content widgets for your websites.