The Chinese government has warned banks in the country to avoid Bitcoin, which it says is highly susceptible to being used by criminals and money launderers, and wants transactions registered. The price of a Bitcoin fell after the announcement. Ron Paul, meanwhile, says Bitcoin could become the "destroyer of the dollar" if it starts being used on a massive scale.
- The FTC is concerned you're too stupid to tell when you're reading sponsored content on the internet.
- Detroit's primary pension plan will appeal the decision by a judge this week that Detroit is eligible for bankruptcy.
- Elizabeth Warren says she will not run for president in 2016 and will serve out her Senate term, similar to promises Barack Obama made prior to the 2008 election.
- An Indiana restaurant has been forced to stop serving free lunches because neighboring businesses complained about the crowd the Thursday offer attracted.
- Martin Bashir has resigned from MSNBC a few weeks after suggesting someone defecate in Sarah Palin's mouth. Alec Baldwin was previously terminated for getting caught hurling an anti-gay slur at a photographer.
- A truck carrying medical radioactive material that was hijacked yesterday in Mexico has been found. The container holding the cobalt-60 has been open, and the thieves, still at large, may show up seeking medical attention for radiation exposure.
Have a news tip? Send it to us!