- Congressional Republicans are not fans of the Iran nuclear deal announced over the weekend. French Foreign Minister Laurent Fabius has said that some European Union sanctions on Iran could be lifted next month.
- The United Nations has announced that peace talks between the Syrian government and opposition groups will take place on January 22, 2014 in Geneva.
- A prosecutor is expected to release a report relating to last year's massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School later today.
- NSA Director Gen. Keith Alexander reportedly offered to resign after Edward Snowden began leaking classified information.
- Microsoft sold one million Xbox One consoles within 24 hours of its release.
- An Amtrak train partially derailed overnight in South Carolina, there are no reports of serious injuries.
Have a news tip? Send it to us!