The Supreme Court turned away a case from the Electronic Privacy Information Center to stop the National Security Agency's mass collection of telephone call metadata. There are still other challenges heading through the federal courts.
- A judge has ruled that prosecutors can use evidence from James Holmes' apartment in his trial for the Aurora, Colo., theater shootings, even though police didn't have a warrant at the time of the search.
- Washington State has started accepting license applications for those who want to legally sell marijuana in the state.
- The Department of Justice and the Security Exchange Commission seem to be accepting that Bitcoins are "legitimate financial instruments" of currency in a hearing before a Senate subcommittee today.
- George Zimmerman has been arrested again, this time on a domestic disturbance call in Central Florida.
- The high tax rates in France are leading to social unrest that could blow up even worse than it already is, according to a secret report from country's ministry of the interior.
Get Reason.com and Reason 24/7 content widgets for your websites.