Obama Meets with Congressional Leaders, NSA Collected Location Data, Tom Clancy Dies: P.M. Links
(magandafille / Foter / CC BY-NC)
President Barack Obama will be meeting with Congressional leaders today over this whole shutdown and reportedly will be folding in discussions about raising the debt ceiling.
- In the meantime, if you need any more evidence that the park shutdowns are a stunt, even park privatization can't stop it. Apparently the federal government has forced shut a park in Virginia it neither funds nor operates (but sits on federal land), to the dismay of the staff there.
- The NSA started a pilot project to mass collect data about Americans' locations via cellphones in 2010 and 2011 but did not continue it. (… or did they?)
- Blockbuster author Tom Clancy is dead at the age of 66.
- The war of drugs has resulted in narcotics that are cheaper and purer than they've been in the past 20 years. Good work, guys!
- A Gallup poll has a quarter of uninsured Americans willing to pay the Obamacare fine rather than get insurance.
Have a news tip for us? Send it to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get Reason.com and Reason 24/7 content widgets for your websites.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter, and don't forget to sign up for Reason's daily updates for more content.