- The British Parliament struck down a motion supporting the principle of taking military action in Syria to dissuade Assad from using chemical weapons by a slim margin of only 13 votes. Prime Minister David Cameron acknowledged afterward that involvement in Syria may not be popular.
- Mohamed El-Beltagi, a senior leader of the Muslim Brotherhood who was suspected of inciting violence last month, was arrested in Egypt.
- Marijuana is everyone's favorite drug, according to a first of a kind study in illicit drug use worldwide. The study also found that pain killers caused more than half of the drug-related deaths last year.
- Army Pvt. Chelsea Manning, formerly Bradley Manning, is doing well in prison, says her lawyer.
- Seven members of Detroit's building inspection department were charged with taking bribes.
- America experiences canyon envy as one larger than the Grand Canyon was recently discovered under ice sheets in Greenland.
Get Reason.com and Reason 24/7 content widgets for your websites.