John McCain is pushing for a military intervention in Syria while Rand Paul believes he has enough votes to cut off aid to Egypt. Advisors to President Obama are split on how much the U.S. ought to intervene in both countries.
- President Obama announced yesterday he wants to create a federal rating system that would be used to determine how much student aid should be awarded.
- Robert Mueller, who is stepping down as director of the FBI on September 4, says he fears another 9/11.
- Police in the UK are investigating Glenn Greenwald's boyfriend to see if they can prove he's a threat to national security.
- Yemen wants the US to provide it with its own armed drones.
- A mass grave was found in a park near Mexico City; authorities suspect the bodies are of people kidnapped earlier this year.
- Former Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez was indicted on one murder charge and a series of weapons charges.
- Ben Affleck will play Batman in the 2015 Batman-Superman movie.
Harris' origins allow her to properly claim Asian or Black/African American legal status, and she has chosen the latter.
Officials claim doing business is a revocable “privilege,” but many Americans see it as a right that they’ll exercise with or without licenses and permits.
Joe Biden announced today that Harris will be his Democratic running mate.
"I’m a vegetarian and I love dogs, like Hitler. But the only thing I have in common with Hitler are the good bits!"