- Yemen claims to have prevented an Al Qaeda attack on pipelines. The announcement comes shortly after both the U.S. and the U.K. evacuated their embassies in Yemen because of security concerns.
- The judge overseeing Bradley Manning's court martial has cut his maximum possible sentence from 136 years to 90 years.
- The inspector general of the Department of Health and Human Services has said that the Obama administration has not done enough to ensure that that Americans' privacy will be protected as Obamacare continues to be implemented.
- The house where Ariel Castro held three women captive for about a decade is being demolished today.
- Last night Jay Leno asked Obama the sort of uncomfortable questions not usually asked by the D.C. press.
- Earlier today 62 Al Qaeda-linked rebels in Syria were killed by government forces in an ambush outside a town near Damascus.