- A military judge will issue the verdict in the Bradley Manning court martial today. The Army private, who leaked classified information to Wikileaks, faces life in prison.
- Medical marijuana is now legal in Washington D.C. That only took 15 years…
- The Taliban have staged a jailbreak in Pakistan, freeing 243 prisoners.
- Unsurprisingly, Anthony Weiner is now polling fourth in the New York City Democratic primary for mayor.
- Syrian state television announced the "collapse of the terrorists' citadel" after the army retook the rebel stronghold of Khalidiya in the city of Homs.
- A Missouri judge didn't mince his words when rejecting the state education agency's attempt to prevent a charter school from renewing its charter.
Did you write about liberty between July 1, 2012 and June 30, 2013? Reason welcomes you to enter this year's Bastiat Prize for Journalism, with a total prize purse of $16,000.
Get Reason.com and Reason 24/7 content widgets for your websites.