President Obama wants us to stop paying attention to the scandals bedeviling his administration and get busy making the government bigger and more powerful.
- Medicaid patients in Michigan and Utah are having trouble finding doctors, which may be partially explained by the problems North Carolina physicians encounter in trying to get paid by the government program.
- Don't fence me in, Director of National Intelligence James Clapper says in response to efforts to curb the NSA's spying excesses.
- GM shares would have to triple in price for the federal government to break even on its bailout of the car maker, says TARP Special Inspector General Christy Romero.
- The US government will hold off on selling F-16 fighter jets to Egypt while it tries to figure out who will be running the place.
- Now that we know random women on the Internet have seen Anthony's weiner as recently as last summer, pressure is growing on the former congressman to exit the mayoral race in New York City.
- New Zealand's ruling politicians have come up with a blunt approach to dealing with concerns about illegal government spying on citizens: They're legalizing the practice.
Did you write about liberty between July 1, 2012 and June 30, 2013? Reason welcomes you to enter this year's Bastiat Prize for Journalism, with a total prize purse of $16,000.
Get Reason.com and Reason 24/7 content widgets for your websites.