- Former President George H. W. Bush has said that the U.S. is a "kinder and gentler nation" because of President Obama. Seriously.
- Mexican marines have captured the head of the Zetas cartel.
- Juror B-37 from the George Zimmerman trial claims that the jury came to feel that the neighborhood watch volunteer genuinely feared for his life during his confrontation with Trayvon Martin.
- Red tape has forced a popular abortion clinic in Virginia to close.
- At least seven people were killed and 260 injured in clashes between Morsi supporters and police last night in Cairo.
- The Hubble Telescope has spotted Neptune's 14th moon.
Did you write about liberty between July 1, 2012 and June 30, 2013? Reason welcomes you to enter this year's Bastiat Prize for Journalism, with a total prize purse of $16,000.
Have a news tip for us? Send it to: email@example.com.