Today's thirty-somethings have a net worth 21 percent lower than that of people in their age group just a few decades ago, says the Urban Institute. Uh oh.
- No cheap power for you! That's the message from President Obama as he calls for mandatory carbon pollution limits on U.S. power plants. You see, there is a way to make solar power viable.
- Russia's President Putin is … having a really good time over the whole Edward Snowden flap.
- IRS targeting of political groups reportedly extended to at least some progressive groups, too. Anybody who opposed administration policy, eh?
- Yet another study, this one from Stanford University, finds that charter school students have better educational outcomes than their peers in traditional public schools. That's worth knowing as the OECD warns that the U.S. is spending a lot of money on education to achieve very little.
- Reason's own Scott Shackford is stuck at home, in the midst of a neighborhood-wide lockdown, as Los Angeles police officers look for a man who shot and wounded two detectives.
- In news sure to fuel conspiracy theories, journalist Michael Hastings reportedly sent an email to friends and colleagues warning that he was being targeted by the feds just hours before he died in a fiery car crash.
Get Reason.com and Reason 24/7 content widgets for your websites.