- The Turkish deputy prime minister has said that troops could be sent in to suppress the protests that have spread across Turkey in the past two weeks.
- Obama has rejected that he is "Bush-Cheney lite," saying that he is not rushing into Syria on weak evidence and that he has added oversight to NSA programs.
- Yahoo is the latest company to reveal how many requests of user data it received from American authorities.
- Mass protests have erupted in Brazil over poor public services and government spending for the soccer World Cup next year.
- New Orleans cops found a way to profit from red light cameras by setting up a company to "review" photo citations.
- Two corrections officers have been charged with dealing pot to inmates at Rikers Island, New York City's jail complex.
Spice up your blog or Website with Reason 24/7news and Reason articles! You can easily add a widget here.
Have a news tip for us? Send it to: firstname.lastname@example.org.