Six Libyan Soldiers Killed in Benghazi
Clash with armed protesters
Six soldiers were killed and five injured in clashes between Libyan special forces and armed protesters outside a special forces base in the eastern city of Benghazi on Saturday, military officials said on Saturday.
Residents said heavy gunfire and explosions were heard.
"The clashes lasted from 2 a.m. (0000 GMT) until 6 a.m. but are over now," Colonel Mohammed Sharif, of the special forces in Benghazi, told Reuters. He said six of his troops had been killed and another military official said five other soldiers were wounded.
Editor's Note: As of February 29, 2024, commenting privileges on reason.com posts are limited to Reason Plus subscribers. Past commenters are grandfathered in for a temporary period. Subscribe here to preserve your ability to comment. Your Reason Plus subscription also gives you an ad-free version of reason.com, along with full access to the digital edition and archives of Reason magazine. We request that comments be civil and on-topic. We do not moderate or assume any responsibility for comments, which are owned by the readers who post them. Comments do not represent the views of reason.com or Reason Foundation. We reserve the right to delete any comment and ban commenters for any reason at any time. Comments may only be edited within 5 minutes of posting. Report abuses.
Please
to post comments
my friend's sister-in-law makes $75 every hour on the laptop. She has been without a job for five months but last month her payment was $17346 just working on the laptop for a few hours. Read more on this web site D http://www.Day34.com