A.M. Links: Colorado Counties Considering Secession, Ellsberg Praises NSA Leaker, George Zimmerman's Trial Begins Today
(Thomas Good / NLN/wikimedia)
- Some counties in Colorado are considering secession from the Centennial State in order to form a new state that may be called North Colorado in the unlikely event it is ever established.
- Daniel Ellsberg, who leaked the Pentagon Papers, has said that he is "impressed" by NSA leaker Edward Snowden.
- George Zimmerman's trial begins today. Zimmerman is accused of killing the teenager Trayvon Martin in February last year.
- Thousands of Germans have been evacuated in response to the flooding of the Elbe river. Flooding in central Europe has already killed at least 21 people.
- The former South African president and Nobel Peace Prize winner Nelson Mandela is in a serious but stable condition in a Pretoria hospital, where he is being treated for a lung infection.
- Obama is to nominate his longtime adviser Jason Furman as chair of the White House's Council of Economic Advisers.
Spice up your blog or Website with Reason 24/7news and Reason articles! You can easily add a widget here.
Have a news tip for us? Send it to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter, and don't forget to sign up for Reason's daily updates for more content.